Events & Activities
Like to read, cook, create? Want to celebrate the spirit of giving over the holidays? Want to get gussied up and celebrate the military spirit? We offer a variety of events throughout the year! From our big, annual tentpole events to our ongoing monthly activities, we hope you will find ways to get involved no matter what your interests are!
- 1/9 (Tuesday) - Art Club "Up-cycling Fabric Projects" from 11am-1pm, for details email email@example.com
- 1/16 (Tuesday) - Lunch Bunch, 12pm, Join some fellow spouses for a chat-and-chew at Ichiban Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar. For details email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1/16 (Tuesday) - Book Club, 6:30pm, We'll be discussing "Rules of Civility" by Amor Towles. For details join the FLW Spouses' Book Club group on Facebook. (And if you don't manage to finish the book in time, don't let that stop you from coming! There will be spoilers, but you'll be there to pick next month's title.)
- 1/18 (Thursday) - Luncheon "Members Only 1980s Bingo", 11am-1pm at Pershing Community Center, RSVP required to email@example.com. This lucheon is only open to our members. But, if you want to attend, you'll be able to join that day! We're sure to have a totally rad time, so don your best 1980s duds (or best approximation thereof) and come out for fun and possibly a chance to yell "BINGO!" (The Sharing is Caring partner will be the wine pull for the Basket Auction. We'll be accepting donated bottles of wine or cash.)
- 1/19 (Friday) - Wine Club, 6pm, Hot Drinks for Cold Temps! With the Arctic front that's been here far too long, we'll be warming up our beverages this month. For details email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1/31 (Wednesday) Cooking Club, 11:30am, With all the awards shows this month, make a dish that represents one of your favorite movies. Bring a dish and be prepared to see if you can guess other people's favorite movies. If folks are interested, we might also do a seasoning mix. For details email Amanda at email@example.com.
About Our Events
3rd Thursday of every month (December's luncheon will be on the 2nd Thursday - 12/14)
Pershing Community Center
Each month we host a luncheon with a different theme so members and guests can enjoy great company, great activities, and great food.
RSVP and cancellation policies apply.
Thanks to all of our vendors, volunteers, and attendees for making 2016 a great year! Check out the photos!
2018 Date TBD
Our annual gala promises to be a night to remember with this year's Great Gatsby theme. Bid on amazing baskets, have a wonderful time, and support our outreach efforts! Learn more...
In addition to our larger events, we have special activities each month for, well, special interests! If you don't see something that speaks to you, contact our Activities Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org and maybe you can start one up!