Events & Activities
Like to read, cook, create? Want to celebrate the spirit of giving over the holidays? Want to get gussied up and celebrate the military spirit? We offer a variety of events throughout the year! From our big, annual tentpole events to our ongoing monthly activities, we hope you will find ways to get involved no matter what your interests are!
- 2/7 (Wednesday) - Lunch Bunch, 12pm, Join some fellow spouses for a chat-and-chew at Dowd's Catfish in Lebanon. For details email email@example.com
- 2/9 (Friday) - Wine Club, 6pm, Mardi Gras! Come with an empty belly because our hostess with the mostess does it up RIGHT! For details email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2/15 (Thursday) - Luncheon "Mardi Gras", 11am-1pm at Pershing Community Center, RSVP required to email@example.com. We will be celebrating Mardi Gras as Krewe Lost in the Woods during our February luncheon! You may pay the $12 by credit card in advance at https://squareup.com/store/fwcsc (additional fee applies) or at the luncheon with cash or check. Suggested Attire: Mardi Gras colors (purple, green and gold).Our Sharing is Caring partner this month is the Genesis House. They are in need of full bed sheets, twin bed sheets, feminine hygiene products, hair brushes and slippers. Monetary donations also accepted.
- 2/20 (Tuesday) - Art Club "Drawing" from 10am-12pm at Java Express, for details email firstname.lastname@example.org. At this meeting we will be having fun with a simple drawing technique that ANYONE can do. We will be making "blind continuous contour drawings", and then using color to fill in sections to make a fun drawing! The product is very Picasso like.
- 2/20 (Tuesday) - Book Club, 6:30pm, We'll be discussing "Everyone Brave Is Forgiven" by Chris Cleave. For details join the FLW Spouses' Book Club group on Facebook. (And if you don't manage to finish the book in time, don't let that stop you from coming! There will be spoilers, but you'll be there to pick next month's title.)
- 3/20 (Tuesday) - Art Club "Color Theory and Mixing" from 10am-12pm at Java Express, for details email email@example.com. At this meeting we will discuss color and how it works with various mediums. We will look at a color wheel, discuss associations and practice mixing colors together to make new colors! This is a low stress, fun and explorative class.
- 3/22 (Thursday) - Luncheon "Spring Into Healthy Habits", 11am-1pm at Pershing Community Center, RSVP required to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Sharing Is Caring partner is the Layette Program. Bring items suitable for newborn babies and their mothers. Cash donations for this program are also accepted. NOTE: The March Luncheon is scheduled a week later than normal due to spring break.
About Our Events
3rd Thursday of every month (December's luncheon will be on the 2nd Thursday - 12/14)
Pershing Community Center
Each month we host a luncheon with a different theme so members and guests can enjoy great company, great activities, and great food.
RSVP and cancellation policies apply.
Thanks to all of our vendors, volunteers, and attendees for making 2016 a great year! Check out the photos!
2018 Date TBD
Our annual gala promises to be a night to remember with this year's Great Gatsby theme. Bid on amazing baskets, have a wonderful time, and support our outreach efforts! Learn more...
In addition to our larger events, we have special activities each month for, well, special interests! If you don't see something that speaks to you, contact our Activities Chair at email@example.com and maybe you can start one up!